Preparing for a Child Custody Case GETLEGAL

Child custody is a legal term for describing the relationship and duty between a parent and child in light of situations where both parents of the child no longer wish to share a relationship with each other. Such a situation may involve a divorce, an annulment, or a separation, in which children present in the relationship may not reside with both parents and must be under the primary care of a parent that will make decisions for the child and care for the child.

Duration : 0:1:16

Continue reading Preparing for a Child Custody Case GETLEGAL


I got married in july 2005 and we fight all the time. I just cant continue to feel bad anymore over stupid crap. we got married in nevada but we live in california. How do i file for divorce or do Ihave to file for legal seperation

if you live in ca, you file in ca. it doesn’t matter where you are married. also, if you want a divorce you can do that too. the filing fee will be 320.00

Does anyone know the type of questions that will be asked in a divorce mediation session?

We are currently seperated and want to attend mediation but want to be prepared when going in there. i want to print everything up before hand. does anyone know the specific questions that will be asked.

Topics will include:

1. What are your possessions? Prior, during and after separation
2. If you have kids, who will get custody, visitation, and pay child suport?.
3. Do you need spousal support?
4. Who will keep cars, homes,etc? How will you divide possessions?
5. Do restraining orders need to be issued?

How to separate mediation issues from arbitration issues?

My divorce agreement says the ex and I must "mediate" if there’s a dispute. Yes, there are several disputes. But my ex keeps saying we need "arbitration". There are some issues for which I’d like mediation and keep some decision power, and some issues I’d agree for an arbitrator to decide for us. HOW do I make sure the issues stay separated during mediation/arbitration?

mediate…. arbitration….. when you get right down to it…. they are basically the same.

Child custody?

My brother’s ex has epilepsy. She has gone off her meds twice and has had many,many seizures. Can he get full custody of his child at this point. She is putting herself and child at danger. She could have been driving w/ my neice in the backseat. What can my bro do.

She does not need to be behind the wheel of a vehicle, especially with a child in the car, I agree with you she can have a seizure and if she is not being compliant with taking her medications she is putting not only herself but this child in danger.

Your brother needs to hire himself an attorney and ask for full custody of this minor child.. HE will also need evidence to prove that she is not taking her medications and endangering the child.

Best of Luck

Resolution Simplified